So I’ve decided that doing the next 8 weeks of competition prep will be WAY MORE FUN if I can share a little bit of my experience with some of you readers.
I’ve created a little challenge for anyone interested in making big changes to your health and fitness in the next 8 weeks with some small little adjustments to your lifestyle. There is a grand prize at the end so please read through the entire post.
I’ve recorded a video about my challenge and details below
What is the Operation Bootyfication Challenge?
I’m asking people who will be joining me on this journey to fulfill some simple (and I actually mean simple) lifestyle changes in order to better your body and mind. There are three categories each participant will need to fulfill
The Nutritional Challenge
There are 3 things you will need to give up from your life in this 8 week challenge.
1) Refined sugar – you mustn’t consume anything with refined sugar in it or add refined sugar to ANYTHING. You may substitute honey or stevia to sweeten your foods in moderation
2) Dairy – you must eliminate all cheeses, milk, yogurts etc. from your diet. Everyone is intolerant to dairy to a certain extent as we are NOT meant to digest another animals breast milk. Cutting diary from your diet will reduce bloating, gas and water retention thus slimming you down nicely
3) Alcohol – I’m not going to tell you to eliminate alcohol completely from your diet because heck you aren’t competing. But you must reduce your alcohol consumption by 50% if not completely. Alcohol not only adds additional calories to your diet that cannot be used for energy but it SLOWS down your metabolism making you fatter usually around the belly, ahem…can we say beer belly.
There is 1 thing you must add to your nutritional plan in order to participate:
You must consume one LARGE salad every single day. Your salad should contain at least 3 cups of leafy greens, tomatoe, cucumber and be dressed with oil and vinegar or lemon juice. Pair with some lean protein for a complete meal. For best results have your salad for dinner.
The Fitness Challenge
You must complete 2 daily tasks in order to participate in the challenge
1) You must do at least 45 minutes (consecutively – at once) of activity every day. Make sure at least two and no more than 4 days are resistance training. That can be weight training, boot camp, booty camp, or a fitness dvd. The other days play a sport, run, walk, rollerblade or just do something that you enjoy that keeps your body moving.
2) You must complete 1 full minute of “belly breathing” (outlined in the video) every day. I find it easiest to do my belly breathing right when I get out of the shower in the morning so I don’t forget.
The Mental Challenge
You must complete at least one of the following tasks to participate in the challenge.
HOW TO ENTER
In order to enter the challenge and be considered for the GRAND PRIZE DRAW you must do the following BEFORE May 3rd.
1) Reply to this blog post in the comments section OR create a response youtube video stating that you will be participating and sharing some of your reasons “why” you want to participate
2) complete and submit your measurements for the following areas to email@example.com. chest, waist, hips and upper thigh
3) Submit before photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Submit after photos and measurements between June 26th (my competition date) and July 1st – contest deadline
5) If you have a blog or vlog please share your journey as well to help inspire others and let them know about your personal experience.
What do you win?
The winner of the draw (held July 1st) will win an afternoon of fun in the sun with ME! I’ll come to you with my team of experts!
Suzanne from Your Shop Girl will shop with us and find us wicked new workout gear!
We’ll then get our makeup, hair and nails done to prep for our professional fitness photo shoot to be featured on my blog and in the Booty Camp Fitness newsletter!
After all that glamour we’ll get down and dirty with a field training session together in which Sebastien Rahman will put us both through a workout just like he has been getting me ready for competition!
To finish off the day we’ll go out for lunch at a healthy restaurant just the two of us so I can learn a bit more about you.
I sincerely hope we can take this challenge together and that I get to meet you in the near future!
Always living with passion,