This yummy recipe was given to me from a friend and I had to share it! This ‘eggless’ Egg Nog is the perfect Holiday drink to warm you up on a cold day! Feel free to play around with the spices and add in things like cloves or cardamom pods! For an extra kick, add in a little bourbon!
Warm Egg Nog
14 oz can creamy coconut milk
1 ½ cups almond milk
½ cup roasted hazelnuts
¼ cup honey
¼ tsp cinnamon
1. Remove the skins of your hazelnuts by bringing 11/2 cups of water to a boil. Add them in with 2 tbsp of baking soda and boil them for 3 minutes. Once done, rinse them under cold running water and use your fingers to remove the skins.
2. Combine the coconut and almond milk together in a bowl or Mason jar and add in the hazelnuts. Let them soak for at least 2 hours or overnight to bring out the flavours.
3. Using a blender or magic bullet, blend the milks and hazelnuts for about a minute.
4. Use two layers of cheesecloth or a fine-mesh sieve to strain the hazelnut pulp from the milks over a bowl.
5. Pour into a sauce pot with the honey, and spices and bring to a gentle simmer.
6. Whisk occasionally to make sure the honey is loose.
7. Pour in mugs and sprinkle with a little more cinnamon.
Love this recipe? Share on Twitter.
Always living with passion,
Recipe adapted from http://thegoudalife.tumblr.com/post/37124726949