I felt the need to have a recipe with parsnips as they provide an endless list of health benefits. Full of fibre, they are responsible for lowering cholesterol levels and regulating blood sugar. With anti-inflammatory components, these bad boys also contain 14% of your daily potassium and protect against swollen muscle joints. Who knew these guys would give you so much! Feel free to eat this yummy soup with a side of gluten-free bread or vegetables!
Roasted Parsnip Soup With Yummy Walnut Pesto
2 pounds medium parsnips
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsp toasted walnuts
2 tbsp finely chopped chives
2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 thumb fresh ginger
4 cups organic vegetable stock
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Peel and cut your parsnips until you have ½ inch pieces.
3. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a bowl and toss your parsnips in with salt and pepper.
4. Once evenly coated, arrange them on a rimmed baking sheet and roast until tender. It should take about 20-25 minutes.
5. Using a food processor or Magic Bullet, add in your walnuts, chives, and parsley and pulse until finely chopped.
6. Add your remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil and lemon juice to your walnut mixture and pulse to combine. Season your pesto with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Once your parsnips cool slightly, put them in your blender and add your stock and ginger.
8. Pour your soup in a large saucepan and heat over medium heat.
9. Divide the soup among your bowls and drizzle with your pesto.
Love this recipe? Share on Twitter.
Always living with passion,
Recipe adapted from http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2012/12/roasted-parsnip-soup-with-walnut-pesto