Take your pancakes to a whole new level by making them with sweet potatoes! Perfect for both breakfast and dinner. Feel free to top with your favourite spices like nutmeg, more cinnamon or even bananas!
Sweet Potato Pancakes
4 sweet potatoes
½ cup almond flour
2 tbsp ground flax seed
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp baking soda
1 tsp coconut oil
Pinch of salt
1/3 cup pecans
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut your sweet potatoes in half and place on a baking sheet. Bake them for about 20-25 minutes until they’re soft. Once they’re done, remove the skin. Alternatively, cube them and place them in a steamer for 10 minutes.
3. Using a large bowl, mash up your sweet potatoes, add in your eggs and vanilla extract.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together all of your dry ingredients and once combined, add them to your sweet potato mixture. Then add your pecans.
6. Preheat a frying pan with your coconut oil and scoop your pancake batter into the pan.
7. Cook your pancakes for a couple minutes on each side and serve with some raw maple syrup!
Love this recipe? Share the pancake joy on Twitter.
Always living with passion,