There’s nothing like a piping hot waffle in the morning! You’ll definitely want to have these ingredients handy because I’m sure these waffles will become a fast favourite in your household! Feel free to top with a little more cinnamon for an extra sweet taste.
1 cup almond flour
1 tbsp baking powder
½ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups organic frozen blueberries
3 tbsp pure maple syrup
1. Add your flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and oats in a mixing bowl.
2. Add in your applesauce, milk, maple syrup, oil, and vanilla and stir until combined.
3. Let your batter rest for 5 minutes so it thickens then add in your blueberries.
4. Place a little coconut oil on your waffle iron so that your waffles don’t stick, and scoop out about 1/2 cup of batter for each waffle.
5. If you don’t have a waffle iron, this batter can also be used for pancakes!
Like this recipe? Share on Twitter.
Always living with passion,
Recipe sourced from http://www.theppk.com/2012/10/blueberry-oatmeal-waffles/